The Israel-Palestine conflict: a brief, simple history
The conflict is really only 100 years old.
Subscribe to our channel! goo.gl/0bsAjO
One of the biggest myths about the Israel-Palestine conflict is that it's been going on for centuries, that this is all about ancient religious hatreds.
In fact, while religion is involved, the conflict is mostly about two groups of people who claim the same land. And it really only goes back about a century, to the early 1900s. At its heart, it is a conflict between two self-determination movements - the Jewish Zionist project and the Palestinian nationalist project - that lay claim to the same territory.
Read more about the Israel-Palestine conflict on Vox: bit.ly/2S7gFlT
Your basic questions about Israel and Palestine answered:
- What are Israel and Palestine? Why are they fighting? bit.ly/2NKJPcd
- What is Zionism? bit.ly/2G549P6
- How did Israel become a country in the first place? bit.ly/2xFdAjN
- What are settlements, and why are they such a big deal? bit.ly/30pSRfZ
- What were the intifadas? bit.ly/2NInMm9
- How does the world feel about Israel/Palestine? bit.ly/2JprIEh
- What is the Israeli-Palestinian peace process? bit.ly/2XIRzQB
Further reading on the Israel-Palestine conflict: bit.ly/2XBrIFf
You can also watch our three-part documentary series on Israeli settlements from 2016. Start with part 1 here: esproject.info/it/video/e2GtfcfLtNGuz9g
Vox.com is a news website that helps you cut through the noise and understand what's really driving the events in the headlines. Check out www.vox.com
Check out our full video catalog: goo.gl/IZONyE
Follow Vox on Twitter: goo.gl/XFrZ5H
Or on Facebook: goo.gl/U2g06o